Wednesday, May 13, 2009

slow and steady

slow and steady has been my writing schedule for the past week, life is busy and witting has become harder to get to.

I wish i had 8 hrs in a day to write, maybe then i could finish my book.
it takes my about 1 hr of writing to get into the grove, once i get into the zone it's hard to stop.

if i only have 1 hr to dedicate to witting i normally don't do it, mostly because i have to rewrite it once i do have time to get into the grove and write without thinking or forcing it...

time is my enemy and production my cures, the desire to finish conflicts with my desire to write to the best of my ability. there in-lies the problem, my conclusion is to take as much time that is needed to write the book i have dreamed about regardless of my original production schedule.

A long ramble made short... my book on my time.
thx for reading

2 comments:

  1. I once met a playwright who claimed to be a work-a-holic. She said because she didn't have kids, and had the whole day to write, she managed to get in 2-3 hours of writing each day. I was, at the time, managing to do the same--or more--with two little kids at home.

    Too much other stuff gets in the way, but you are writing... THAT is the important thing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx for your response.. it helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete