Monday, January 12, 2015

Hit A Wall....


Some might call it "writers block", but I call it finding out my writing deficiencies and trying to overcome them. My biggest mistake was taking a hiatus from my blog!!

Issues I am trying to overcome: World building, learning to craft a flowing story line that lives up to publishing standards… or at least my idea of what publishing standards are.

And, not to mention, the dreaded synopsis and query letter…

It’s been almost a year since I completed a draft of my book I “thought” was ready. But, during my process of writing a query and book proposal I discovered how wrong I was.

So a long story short I feel I am getting close to my end goal and plan to be around more--- thx for reading and my next post will be on lessons I have learned during this journey.

5 comments:

  1. There's something about writing a query letter that gives fresh insight into the manuscript, doesn't it? I'm glad you're pushing through, Jeff. I hope to see more of you around the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are breaking through that wall chip by chip. The only way through, I might add.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are almost there. I hate getting stuck. I've been out of the circuit for five years, but I was gaining intellect while gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are almost there. I hate getting stuck. I've been out of the circuit for five years, but I was gaining intellect while gone.

    ReplyDelete



  5. Free ebooks i have read it and it was very good.
    Read it maybe you like it.
    http://freedigitalstuff.com/?l=free_ebooks_gifts


    ReplyDelete